Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shortest Legacy Ever!

As part of my troubleshooting, I created Diana with a couple of roommates, just so I could test romantic interactions. Those interactions were working fine so I was all set to kick Jane and John Doe off of the lot that I'd bought Diana. The rules say that the family will live here for the entirety of the challenge.

Before I could do that, a shadow appeared over Jane.

Screenshot-4

Screenshot-5

The meteor took out everyone but John! It even blew the clothes off of the paperboy.

Screenshot-9

That little green plumbob is John. I think he might have been forced underground.

Screenshot-12

Screenshot-15

First up, Jane. Invisible John is grieving her from afar as she begs for her life. Her pleas fall on deaf ears.

Screenshot-17

Next to meet the Reaper is our Diana. But not before ANOTHER METEOR hits the lot in order to finish off John.

Screenshot-19

Screenshot-21

It's very dramatic, meeting the Reaper with smoke and flames billowing around! Diana greets him with honor, though, shaking his hand before taking to her grave.

Screenshot-24

Last, but not least, John Doe. It took two meteors to kill him off! Good show, John!

Screenshot-28

And so, amidst the meteor debris and premature graves, I decided to start over... but how fun will it be for an insane sim to live on the lot with her own grave!?!

Screenshot-30





15 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! Twice in the same spot?? That's, um, insane! Very appropriate for an ISBI.

    Are you going to play on that lot?

    BTW: I didn't think that an ISBI said anything about starting on an enormous empty lot. That's a Pinstar challenge thing. At any rate, I'm not doing it b/c I hate building houses :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was crazy, I couldn't believe it!

      I do plan to play this lot, if it doesn't kill everyone on a regular basis. The rules say that you can buy a lot or a house, I think, but I decided to go with a lot. I'm terrible at building houses so I've always started with an already built lot. But I think it will add to the crazy to have each generation adding on and not trying to make it cohesive or even pretty. We'll see how I feel about that in a few generations, though!

      Delete
    2. That's a fabulous idea. Add in different sidings and shapes and types of furniture.

      Since I'm going to have a bunch of incredibly stupid NPC sims wandering around who can't leave their lot without help, I'm toying with playing in apartments. That would give the NPC sims a chance to interact with the other townies who "live" in the apartment complex rather than only getting interaction outside the family when I find an excuse to take them with me to a community lot.

      Also, I'm planning on a house rule that if an NPC sim gets pregnant, gets someone else pregnant, or proposes to another sim (with Woohooer at max autonomy), I move them out of the household with their romantic interest. The chances of that go up quite a lot if the NPCs have access to other sims for autonomous interaction.

      Delete
    3. Apartments are a REALLY good idea! That would add a lot of interest and chaos to your story!

      Delete
  2. That is a crazy start for a challenge - but as Susan said, it fits perfectly :D
    I barely have meteors crashing onto my lot, and this has never happened twice on the same lot :D Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've never had a meteor strike on my home lot, much less two in the same spot within a sim hour of moving in! It did give some striking visuals with the Reaper, though. And it should add to the craziness. I kind of can't wait for Ariel to encounter her own ghost.

      Delete
    2. Be careful that you don't get mixed up with the characters when writing new chapters ;) ;) ;)

      Delete
  3. ROFL!!! Two meteors?! What are the chances of that happening ever again? Best start to a legacy BAR NONE!!!

    John is one hardcore dude though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the shortest legacy I've ever done. Such a crazy start!

      I was really impressed with John, though. So much that I even considered letting him stay with Diana! Briefly, anyway.

      Delete
  4. LMAO! That was an epic start and ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo what everyone else has said.

    *Boggles*

    *tentatively goes to next post*

    ReplyDelete