Monday, December 17, 2012

1.3 This lot may not have been the best choice.

Previously on It's a Wonder-full Life: Diana talked to a cute firefighter and got some new furniture, then she took a nap.

Which brings us to, ACK! RUN, DIANA!

Screenshot-63

Luckily, Diana moves fast. Things are calm for a second, and then...

Screenshot-64

Screenshot-65

Screenshot-66

Damn you, suls! We just built that place!

Screenshot-73

Since the fire department was not interested in responding, Diana jumped in to save what was left of her home.

Screenshot-77

Meanwhile, random stray dog rolled around in the puddles. Helpful, random stray dog.

Screenshot-79

It was a tough battle that lasted all night, but eventually Diana managed to put out the last flames.

Screenshot-83

She then stepped back to survey the damage while her fairy godmother replaced the refrigerator, one counter, one sink, a sofa, and a bed... The place may be wrecked, but Diana still needs to eat and sleep! Showering will have to wait until after payday, though, so try not to get too dirty.

Screenshot-85

It's a good thing that PB&J makes her so happy.

Screenshot-86

Let's see if she gets to actually sleep this time!

Screenshot-87

So, yes, that's three meteor hits on this lot in less than 24 Sim hours. THREE! And we're stuck here, per the challenge rules. I guess we now know why this lot was so inexpensive! (I suppose I could move her, but it's kind of fun not knowing when destruction might rain down...) It might be time to look into meteor proof housing, though. How am I supposed to make it through several generations if the suls are out to get them!?

15 comments:

  1. Wow. Good thing Diana was so fast.

    I'm still pretty sure there's no rule in this challenge that keeps you on a big lot. Still, at this point, you're building up enough meteor lore that if it doesn't get Diana killed before she reproduces, it pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's good for the entertainment value and also the drama! I'm going to just go with it, so long as she stays alive. I'm more worried about keeping NPC kids alive long enough to inherit... I can't tell them to run!

      I thought there was a rule that your torch holder had to stay on the same lot for the whole legacy (or as long as the game allows, given the tendency to bog down after a few generations), but I might be remembering a different challenge.

      Delete
    2. I really think the single lot thing originated from the Pinstar challenge and a lot of people assume all challenges have to do that. I'm pretty sure all the ISBI rules have to do with what you can and can't do with your non-torchholders.

      I'm very curious to see if this meteor thing continues on that lot. You're right -- it's highly entertaining. It just drastically increases the chance of the challenge ending early!

      Delete
    3. The challenge has already (technically) ended once, to what's a few more times?! I'm kind of digging the chaos of it all.

      Delete
  2. Even if it sounds interesting to be in danger all the time, I don' think I could stand the repeated destruction of the house...so I would probably move :D Somewhere in the official rules I read that you have to stick to the lot you moved to in the beginning, but you can always adjust them, especially in a case like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does keep money an issue for the Wonder legacy for longer. Sounds like Diana has wiped out her savings dealing with this meteor.

      BTW: As far as I know, there aren't exactly any official rules for this challenge for Sims 3. There were official rules for the Sims 2 challenge. Suddenly it seems to have gotten popular for Sims 3, and I've seen 4-5 slightly different conversions. Somebody did post an ISBI thread on Boolprop, which could be considered official, but it was almost a repost of the Sims 3 rules rather than a conversion.

      I intend to post more details on the rules I'm using on my About page at some point. I hate building houses, so of course I'm not going to stick to one lot. But it's plenty interesting just having to cope with starting funds. Since Lance was a treasure-hunter, the Samples have been filthy rich essentially forever. Allison just took Hetal out on the town and left herself with barely enough money to feed herself and the cats. Whoops! Firefighting doesn't appear to pay much at all at this stage....

      Delete
    2. Er, "It was almost a just a repost of the Sims 2 rules rather than a conversion." Sigh.

      Delete
    3. I'll adjust the rules as I go, I'm sure. But after the structure of a wishacy, I'm loving the chaos! I think it's just the idea of letting go of everything except the one Sim that I'm just going to go for... go big or go home!

      Well, until they all die in a fiery meteor. Then I'll quit without saving...

      Delete
  3. Jeez, seriously, what ARE the chances? Hilarious though :) Diana should learn not to argue with the suls in future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really crazy. Diana needs to put up one of those "no meteors in __ days" signs or something!

      Delete
  4. Poor Diana, but now she has lots of scrap in case any one ever invents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Boggles some more*

    *onwards*

    ReplyDelete