Saturday, February 16, 2013

1.16 New Normal

Previously on It's a Wonder-full Life: Clark had a birthday and learned a couple of skills. Frank finally stopped being a wolf. And Linda was born... and she's purple!


I don't know who broke the sink, but everyone is way too exhausted to deal with it so I had Diana call a repairman.

Screenshot

But the paparazzi chick decided to flirt with him and keep him from actually fixing anything! Go away, pap. How long until we can afford a fence? Frank? If you're going to insist on keeping Diana pregnant, you're going to have to bring in some money.

Screenshot-3

The little family is doing well, though. I can't tell you how excited I am that Linda is purple! I didn't see that coming.

Screenshot-7

Clark is pretty patient about waiting his turn, too. I love his sparkly wings.

Screenshot-8

Meanwhile, the paparazzi chick hung around all day and then asked Frank for money. Go away, crazy pap! She was there for days so I finally reset her back to wherever paps come from.

Screenshot-9

Clark is starving! Starving!

Screenshot-10

But a tickle cheers him right up.

Screenshot-11

And then he finally gets to learn how to talk! I'm guessing fewer kids will learn their skills as more idiots join the household, but Diana felt very accomplished getting Clark completely prepared for his birthday.

Screenshot-14

Frank took over after he got done with the crazy pap chick. He's a good dad, but he really should have gone to work.

Screenshot-15

Screenshot-18

He autonomously cared for the kids while Diana slept until fully rested. I love you, Frank! Even if no one is earning much money right now.

Screenshot-19

Diana really appreciated getting so much sleep, too.

Screenshot-21

13 comments:

  1. Well, at least Frank tries to be a good dad, even though they would need the money even more than his attention... hopefully he will understand that soon!

    It seems like you are still doing okay, with two children and husband, ergo three idiots, in the house. That's good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank is a really good dad. But he really needs to make some money!

      The idiots are all behaving rather nicely so far, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. I love Frank ... He's such a bad idiot though. Doesn't he know that he's supposed to ignore his screaming kids, pass out on the floor, pee himself and not do any cleaning? Doesn't he understand how this thing works? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank is the best idiot ever! I can't even get my torch holder to clean the house on her own!

      Delete
  3. I love how functional the family is so far, I wonder how long that will last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only played a little farther than this... but the fail, it is coming.

      Delete
    2. Ooooh, that sounds interesting :D :D

      Delete
  4. I am so eager to see Linda as a toddler! Yes, other than Frank not going to work, things are looking pretty good.

    The Wonderlands are just now starting to get out of control. I can see that this whole toddler skilling thing is just not going to happen. I need to get over it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that Clark is going to be my only fully skilled toddler in this ISBI! The maternity leave did help in that regard. It's going to be hard to get used to, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Yeah. Allison doesn't get maternity leave after the kid is born, since she's a firefighter. She only gets it while she's pregnant. Isn't that backward. With the Ghost Hunter profession, you can just choose not to take jobs when you want additional days off. But firefighters have it harder. I don't think you're penalized for not taking firefighting jobs, but the gear in the fire station degrades whether you show up or not.

      Delete
    3. I didn't know that firefighters only got pregnancy leave! That does seem backward. I hope Hetal and Jin are helping out while Allison works!

      Delete
    4. Well, it made perfect sense for Ghost Hunters. Veronica could take any day off she wanted just by not showing up. She got a weekly stipend, but her income was primary by the job. Firefighters get paid by the week and don't get paid by the job. Fighting fires just give you experience toward a promotion. However, the equipment at the fire station degrades if you don't do anything to fix it.

      Perhaps what I should be doing is going to work for a few hours, fixing things, NOT going to fight the fire, and then going home. And I still get job experience, just more slowly. Maybe Chris Whoovian or William Pierce could actually go fight a fire.

      Delete
    5. Spike and the Doctor are slackers? Shocking!

      Delete