Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1.13 Clark

Previously on It's a Wonder-full Life: Frank and Diana went on a date, but kept getting interrupted by her various symptoms of pregnancy.

Oh, and I checked Frank's skills... he does have charisma already!


Stray dog is also annoyed that the werewolf is sleeping in the bed.

Screenshot-33

He's a stinky werewolf, too! Frank, the nausea that you feel is being caused by the cloud of stink. You could do something about that.

Screenshot-35

He decided to brush his teeth a few times. It didn't really do anything about the toxic cloud around him, but at least it was something?

Screenshot-36

Then again, he's always cleaning up their home so I can put up with some stink!

Screenshot-37

Weirdly, getting pregnant during her honeymoon leave seems to have canceled out her pregnancy leave because Diana had to head off to work! Frank was disappointed, he was trying to get lucky.

Screenshot-39

Frank and I decided to surprise Diana with a nursery when she got home from work. The plan is that this will be Generation 2's home for their whole life, but it's very primitive right now.

Screenshot-40

We ran out of money just putting up the exterior. I hope someone brings in enough income to get a crib before the baby arrives!

Screenshot-41

Diana had a surprise of her own... she got promoted! She's now a Vague Visionary and she brought home enough money to buy a crib!

Screenshot-43

Frank wanted to woohoo, of course. He always wants to woohoo. So I had Diana re-direct him to using the shower for that so that we could get rid of the cloud of stink, too. Win-win!

Screenshot-46

The next day, Diana only stayed at work long enough to earn 10 simoleons so I went to see why she was leaving work early.

Oh.

Screenshot-48

Screenshot-54

Screenshot-55

After laboring in front of the Gypsy Wagon for awhile, Diana rode her bicycle home.

She rode her bicycle while in labor.

That pretty much proves the insane trait!

Screenshot-56

She continued her labor after she got home. Frank is in the background, thinking about woohoo. He didn't panic or anything, just waited patiently for her to be done so he could put the moves on her.

Screenshot-57

It's a boy!

Screenshot-58

This is Clark. He's hydrophobic (locked trait) and insane, of course. He's also very sparkly! I guess Diana can pass on the fairy trait even if she herself doesn't express it!

Screenshot-59

12 comments:

  1. Hello Clark! And he's a fairy! Fabulous. Do you know if he's also a werewolf? I'm not entirely sure how you'd know yet.

    I love Frank so much. And he already has Charisma! I am so envious.

    I believe you can inherit multiple supernatural races, but you need Twallan's Hybrid to express more than one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't have Twallan's Hybrid yet, so I have no idea if he's a werewolf too! (I'm not sure how you'd know, anyway, since it's not like they something like wings... when do you discover werewolf traits?)

      Isn't Clark great, though? And Frank. If only he'd shower without Diana having to encourage him.

      Delete
    2. If you hover over his icon in Dianas relationship panel, you'll be able to tell by the colour of his outline. If he's inherited both traits, then his colour will be a mix between the werewolf/fairy. If that makes any sense?

      I've yet to download Twallans hybrid. I'm thinking of it though. I'm still not sure which supernatural my werewolf/witch hybid favours!

      Delete
    3. Oooh! Good to know! I'll definitely try that next time I'm in the game! (I've noted the colors, but not really thought too much about it, obviously!)

      Delete
  2. Where'd my comment go?! Could have sworn I'd added one after I read this chapter! I think I'm losing my mind. I replied to Susan's comment but clearly forgot to add my own!!

    Anyway, I really love Frank too ... such a good werewolf. It's really strange that Diana's maternity leave was cancelled, but I for one, would like the option to turn maternity leave off in game. It's really inconvenient when you're trying to push your sims through their career and they need time off to have a baby! In a couple of my saves, my sims insist on going to work/school during the Holidays and they loose job/school performance when I keep them home. Very frustrating :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Frank, he's so sweet!

      Susan had a glitch with her maternity leave, too, which is weird. Handy, though. It is hard to keep up on a career when there are so many days off!

      Are holidays part of Seasons? I don't have that yet, but I really want it.

      Delete
    2. Yes. Near the end of every season, the sims get a national Holiday (Snowy Day/Spooky day etc) in which they roll all sorts of wishes related to said holidays. They are supposed to automatically get the day off so they can fulfill those wishes but my game saves seem to be playing up at the moment :(

      You should totally get Seasons though. It adds so much to the gameplay and Moonlight Falls looks beautiful with weather. I've yet to reach Winter in any of my saves as there is so much to do!

      Delete
    3. I know there is a setting in StoryProgression to change maternity leave, but I can't say just where. I haven't used it, for all that I complain about the strange way maternity leave is handled in the game.

      I think my glitch was very similar to DragonWife's -- the pregnancy appeared just as she was going to work, and instead of switching to maternity wear, she froze. I ended up resetting her, and she went to work looking normal. She got no pregnancy moodlet and received no maternity leave, and she didn't switch to maternity until I quit the game and reloaded later. I was getting nervous that the pregnancy was glitched, but she went into labor and gave birth normally.

      Delete
  3. Aww, they had a boy! He's cute! At least they never have to worry about him being around water...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by Ariel over on my wishacy, Clark will be complaining about water ever chance he gets!

      Delete
  4. Shower woo-hoo must be very convenient for getting idiots clean. Lucky for Frank!

    Clark is a good start, and haha, echoes of Ariel. It'll be neat to see if he obsesses about it like she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana and I use the shower woohoo interaction on Frank regularly! As good as he is about cleaning up around the house, the most he'll do on his own for personal hygiene is brush his teeth!

      I forget that Clark is hydrophobic... he doesn't think about it nearly as much as Ariel does. Maybe it's because they don't have a pool? Or a sprinkler? Or even a tub?

      Delete