Tuesday, June 11, 2013

1.30 Teenage werewolf... no, wait...

Previously on It's a Wonder-full Life: Linda passed out, a lot, and we wondered if she would ever stay in bed. Kent had a birthday and became a cute little were-kid with surprisingly good traits! Clark made a friend and then brushed his teeth a lot. When he got home, he passed out. Then he got freaked out by Frank's transformation and passed out again, but that one doesn't count.



Kent decided to go to school! He also picked out a reasonable outfit for his first day and looked suitably serious about the whole thing. Don't be scared, Kent, school's not nearly as bad as Linda has probably been telling you!

Screenshot-65

Frank got hungry so he decided to start some waffles. Then he decided to go to work for once! About halfway to the carpool, he wondered if he was forgetting something so he decided to skip work after all.

As much as I want you to go to work and earn some money, leaving in the middle of cooking is always a bad idea! Go back and finish!

Screenshot-66

But it was too late.

Screenshot-67

Way to go, Frank! (Do you see him fleeing the scene of the crime? Coward.)

Screenshot-69

You'll notice that Linda skipped school again. Though, apparently, Clark and Kent both made it so I guess two out of three ain't bad!

Screenshot-74

Since no one bothered to put out the fire, a fire fighter had to come and rescue the house. She paused first to complain about the furniture. Everyone hates the scratched up furniture!

Screenshot-75

Even as she's fighting the fire, she's complaining about the furniture. Also, it might be handy if she could hose down Linda while she's there... get rid of some of that stink.

Screenshot-77

Screenshot-79

In the midst of fire panic, everyone hates on the furniture!

Screenshot-80

All is apparently forgiven, though, as Frank and Diana sit down for a slightly singed breakfast. I'm not actually sure what they're eating here since it has to be leftovers. Burnt mac and cheese, maybe?

Screenshot-83

Diana takes a moment to tell Frank to lay off of the furniture. Frank likes the view. (I love that you can see the green cloud that is Linda floating by.)

Screenshot-87

After almost going to work and then deciding against it, Frank got demoted. Poor Frank. At least he's not fired yet!

And then, romance. I wonder if she'll get him into the shower this time?

Screenshot-88

Eventually, it's Linda's birthday!

Screenshot-91

Oh, the drama of a were-girl becoming a teen.

Screenshot-93

Really, Frank? Have you seen the little room with the toilet? Even in werewolves are potty trained, right?

Screenshot-96

Linda blew out the candles and gained the "can't stand art" trait. But there were no sparkles and eventually she wandered off to pass out.

Screenshot-98

Kent almost made it to bed, but not quite.

Screenshot-99

Not-teen Linda had a werewolf snack.

Screenshot-100

And then passed out again. Sigh.

Screenshot-101

It's been awhile since I played through this and I can't remember where Clark was during the party! I hope he was having fun!

Also, I'm not replacing the stove until Frank promises to not burn the house down.

7 comments:

  1. Huh. Isn't this at least the second time you've caked someone without them actually aging up? This is not a glitch I've ever had in my game.

    Linda seems to be singlehandedly responsible for more than half of your passing out fails. And she's going to be heir! Hahaha!

    Kent really is sweet. I'm sorry he didn't get much spotlight before the poll. Then again, I'd've voted for Linda anyway. She's so *colorful* in more ways than one.

    BTW: I think some of your best stuff is in the summary at the beginning of your posts. They make me laugh almost every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely at least the second time that someone's had a birthday without aging up... my game keep getting weirder and weirder!

      Linda has a real problem with going to bed. I wish it were as "simple" as the bedtime story glitch, because then I could just take care of it like you do. But, no, she just legitimately passes out all over the place! It should get better when she's heir, right? Because I'll be able to direct her actions? Yeah, I don't think that will help either.

      Delete
    2. Have you tried having Diana tell Linda to Go to Bed? It's under Friendly interactions. She probably has to be really tired.

      When I do this with Allison's kids, they always attempt to go to bed. When I do it with Branden as a teen, he gets pissed off. I'm not clear if the issue is teenagerhood (seems likely) or if it has something to do with their level of relationship.

      There's also Do Homework! Which I only ever tried on Branden teen, and it ruined his and Allison's friendship :).

      Delete
  2. I was trying to find a picture of Linda as a teen - and then I realised there was none. And AFTER that I read the text under the pictures...should have done that first, maybe :D Sigh.Poor you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arya refused to grow up in my game so at least Linda is in good company.

    I know you potty trained your werewolves, but did you house train them? Considering EA's version of werewolves act more like doggies, maybe that's why Frank keeps peeing everywhere? Look at it this way, be thankful that he's peeing outside like a good doggy.

    Also, I love this families priorities. The stove is burning down and all they can think of is the scratched furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arya refused to grow up?? That somehow seems appropriate! Ha!

      I've never had this glitch, and I have a LOT of birthdays coming up. You have me nervous :)

      Delete
    2. Yep. If you remember that ill fated full moon birthday party where she was supposed to age to teen and Asriel grew to child and became EVIL. I bought three cakes for her but she refused to grow up until the next evening. I agree though, totally appropriate for her. Of course, that's before she met Hunter. I'm hoping she won't hesitate on her next birthday! Those insane sims never do what you expect ... wait a second. You have insane sims right? ;)

      Delete