Thursday, May 30, 2013

1.29 Drama at the birthday

Previously on It's a Wonder-full Life: Lots of people stood around complaining about being exhausted but not actually going to bed. They also continued to complain about the scratched up furniture. Like it's not their own fault. Clark went to school but not actually INto it. Then he had a stalker. Linda did not even attempt to go to school. Diana and Frank were cute with their kids.


Sigh. You see, Linda? This is what happens when you won't stay in your bed! Look! It's right there! You got out of it to pass out!

Screenshot-40

Meanwhile, come on Frank! You are in the room with the toilet!

Screenshot-41

I really am starting to worry about Linda's feelings for her little brother.

Screenshot-42

Later, it's Kent's birthday!

Linda celebrates by passing out again. Not even Grim can believe the fact that she keeps getting out of bed to pass out!

Screenshot-43

Anyway, Kent's turn to grow up. Diana managed to teach him how to walk and talk, but there was no potty training. He received the bookwork trait to go with his insane and genius traits! I think he's starting to sound like a little mad scientist!

Screenshot-45

Awww... he loves his mom!

Screenshot-46

Screenshot-47

Tawana and Linda complaining about the furniture instead of watching the sparkles. Tawana is one of Diana's co-workers. She recently got married and has been homeless ever since. She's also enemies with her husband. That kind of seems like an interesting story there.

Screenshot-52

So here's little Kent. I think he picked a really good outfit for his traits!

Screenshot-53

This sim had a little trouble with the window.

Screenshot-54

This couple (Zack and Suraya, according to my notes) got really friendly during the party. Really, really friendly. I was a little worried that they were going to woohoo right there in the kids' room! But luckily, they got interrupted by the woman who finally managed to pull her head back in through the window.

Screenshot-55

Kent joins the family tradition of complaining about the furniture to anyone who will listen.

He's sitting with Tawana and her enemy/husband Jack. (And stinky Frank, of course.)

I'm not sure if Linda wants to sit on Tawana's lap or if she's trying to steal cake!

Screenshot-56

Aaaannnnd, the Frank cleaning genes kick in! I love you, Frank!

Screenshot-57

Clark missed out on the party because he was visiting his new friend, though I forgot to write down the friend's name. I'm not sure what they did all afternoon, but when I went to check Clark was brushing his teeth! In the sink.

Screenshot-58

Linda got the pass out hat trick!

Screenshot-59

Later, Clark is brushing his teeth. Again.

Is that all you did at your friend's house, Clark? Because you'll be moving out soon and probably should figure out how to handle social situations a little bit better than this.

Screenshot-60

Apparently, Kent dresses up for bedtime stories!

I don't have a lot of faith in him actually going to sleep in a bed, though.

Screenshot-61

Clark came home!

Then he peed on the bathroom floor! (Seriously, what is it with peeing in the room with the toilet?! You can't make it another few steps?)

Then he passed out.

Must have been some night out!

Screenshot-62

Frank was so annoyed by the peeing and sleeping that he wolfed out!

I don't blame you, Frank. I kind of feel the same!

Screenshot-63

And then, even though he's been raised by a wolf and has two were siblings, Clark wandered into his bedroom and fainted away from the shock of seeing his dad transform! This does not get included in the "passing out" count because it's emotional, but really? You get freaked out by it now?! After seeing it happen your whole life?!

Screenshot-64

10 comments:

  1. Aww, Kent is somehow cute as a child now, but I'm still glad Linda won. Even if she doesn't find her bed every night. Sigh.
    Is Clark close to his birthday yet or do we still have some days left before he needs to leave the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's still at least a sim-week before Clark's birthday, so he'll be around for a little while longer!

      Kent is kind of fun now that he's a kid. He really did get the short end of the torch holder poll!

      Linda finds her bed all the time... she just won't stay there!!!

      Delete
  2. I've lost my patience with the bedtime stories glitch, and I'm starting to direct the idiots in accordance with something reasonable. I installed the Fewer Bedtime Stories mod so that kids will go to bed without them sometimes. Then, if the interaction drops from either queue (which it does more than half the time), I send the kid to bed manually. And if the kid gets BACK out of bed after the story, I send it to bed manually.

    It's not like I don't get a ton of fails anyway. I'd just rather my fails be earned rather than produced by a badly-written interaction :-p.

    Yeah, Kent does seem like a lot of fun, and somehow watching him age up generates reader-bond where just giving us a pic and the same info doesn't cut it. Odd but true :). I think he'd've probably lost out to Linda on account of skintone, but all the kids would've been fun heirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's crazy? Linda goes to bed without a bedtime story all the time! She's so good at going to bed on her own. But she never ever stays there. She'll be sound asleep so I'll go watch someone else and she's suddenly just wandering around again.

      Frank and Diana made some interesting kids, that's for sure!

      Delete
    2. Huh! I've never had a problem with kids going to bed normally and getting up before they're rested or have to go to school. I did have the problem with Branden that he wouldn't go to bed *without* a story, and the story would usually drop out of the adult's queue while he was sitting in bed waiting for them to show up, so he'd get up, walk around, pass out, and then ask for another story. Later, rinse, repeat. Bleh.

      I wonder if popping out of bed is trait related? Or just game weirdness.

      Delete
    3. Hmmm... her traits are: Insane, Loser, Friendly, and Can't Stand Art (though she doesn't get this one until her birthday). Maybe it's a Loser thing?

      I can see how the bedtime story thing would get frustrating! I think putting them to bed after all of that is a good solution.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear ... Poor Clark. It really is bizarre that he'd start to be scared of his father's wolf form now that he's nearly grown up. Maybe it's a psychological thing considering he lost out on the heirship?! Funny though! Poor little neurotic guy. He does have the neurotic trait right? I don't want to reveal too much, but Asriel is a neurotic wimp as well.

    Linda continues to amuse me with her inappropriateness. She actually reminds me of my dogs when I have cake! They're usually practically on my lap when I'm eating something they fancy. She really has embraced the canine aspect of her personality. The picture of Grim facepalming made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, Clark is not neurotic! (Though you'd never know it from this chapter...) His traits are: Insane, Couch Potato, Hydrophobic, and Easily Impressed. Maybe it's the easily impressed trait that caused him to pass out in shock? Or maybe there's a hidden trait in there. Either way, he's apparently having a harder time with his family than I thought!

      Out of all of the idiots, Linda is the one who exhibits her traits in the most literal way possible. She cracks me up!

      Delete
    2. Ok, the other theory I have is that he has a crush on his little long-haired friend there. That would explain the serious tooth-brushing. The passing out in shock aspect could be interpreted as:

      "How am I ever going to explain my family to *insert crushes name here* I'll never get a date to prom! My family is so embarrassing!"

      Not to generalise, or use a cliché, but it would also explain the pink girly wings and the fact that he's always looking so dapper ;)

      Delete
    3. You know, that would actually explain A LOT!

      Delete